Purchase negotiations and trade agreements
Trade agreements from purchasing position is a seminar aimed to develop skills of diagnosis civil-legal threats in negotiated trade agreements.
Next two days of training are a compendium of negotiation influence, based on highly advanced sociotechnical and psychological techniques. During the training, trainer will include newest and the most effective achievements in neurolinguistic (influence of words, syntax and style of expression on receiver’s nervous system), psychology of temperament and applied psychology. What is more this training is supplemented by knowledge and many exercises from a field of psycho-diagnosis. The training is on advanced level and has rich repertoire of professional techniques.
On a first day of a training lawyer will answer following questions:
- how to effectively enforce several contractual clauses?
- how to avoid formal-legal mistakes in drawing up the contract?
- what responsibility threaten an unreliable contractor?
- how to properly secure an execution of the contract?
- what is a liability of fixing damages due to improper execution of the contract?
Goals for next days:
General access to information and increasing experience of salesmen cause that? Purchase negotiations is currently more demanding process than few years ago.
One of the key elements to break schema of salesmen is analysis of a stage on which suppliers are preparing to negotiations. Change of perspective will allow more substantively define what plan for negotiation with our company undertook a Supplier. Participants will be able to identify signals of tactical, manipulative and emotional behaviors and apply proper reaction. They will know also modern negotiation techniques, which are implemented in many companies around the world. Thanks to this, participants will be able to gain bigger concession while increasing efficiency. Additionally by using soft rules of influencing, participants of the training will be able to create contacts with Suppliers to achieve their goals, keeping high level of relation in the same time.
People, whose professional responsibility covers, i.e. networking, cooperation, negotiating contracts and conditions in legal-economic relation and renegotiations.
Each participant will receive practical knowledge on the legal aspects of contracts and negotiate terms of a security of trade agreements, in accordance with applicable law.
- instruction: Mini-lectures,
- generating new ideas: Brainstorming, Mind Maping,
- visualization of solutions based on the methodology of Visual Thinking,
- practice and consolidation of new competencies: RPG - Role Playing Game,
- Review: QRVT behavioral training (Quick Reaction Video Training)
- implementation of tools and solutions to a working environment of Participants.
- Verification of the contractor based on explicit registers and records, the right
Analysis of contractual provisions:
- down payment and deposit,
- concept and application of contractual penalties,
- interest on the arrears and default interest,
- responsibility for failure or improper performance of an obligation,
- the right to withdraw from the contract,
- record on the court, the arbitration clause,
- choice of applicable law.
Methods of secure payment in commercial transactions:
- promissory note,
- Bank guarantee,
- insurance policy,
- traps in insurance payments in commercial transactions.
Forms of collateral on debtor's assets:
- transfer of ownership of collateral,
- reservation of title,
- accession to the debt,
- transfer of receivables,
- traps in security over the assets of the debtor.
- Basics of litigation in the event of a dispute against a contract of sale, contracts for construction works, transport, forwarding.
- Limitation of actions.
The new rules and regulations relating to the sale:
the introduction of the date of delivery of goods (consequences for the automotive market)
new reporting obligations associated with the contract of sale, which must be included in the contract.
New rules and regulations concerning warranty. The repeal of the provisions relating to the lack of conformity:
- in relation to the professional marketing,
- in relation to consumer marketing.
- The warranty on the sale - a new approach. The consequences of the liquidation of the guarantee of the Consumer Sales Act.
- Changing the rules on claims of the vendor to the manufacturer, wholesaler etc. due to the defectiveness of sold goods.
The new expanded responsibilities of entrepreneurs in consumer contracts. The consequences of their failure:
- obligation to provide information,
- the statutory right of a consumer withdraws from the contract,
- agreement on payment for services, including additional.
Disclosure obligations in respect of distance contracts and off-premises contracts:
extended right of withdrawal. The revised conditions for entitlement to cancellation,
new forms for the declaration of withdrawal,
new rules for payments and repayments of receivables and costs in the event of cancellation,
new reporting obligations on the websites of internet seller and the consequences of their failure.
- The issue of concluding agreements:
- statement of intent,
- a form of legal action,
- ways to enter into contracts,
- auction and bidding,
- issues related to the conclusion of contracts at a distance over the Internet.
Day II and III
- Scenario of creating business relations due to negotiating position:
- with monopolist – “David and Goliath”,
- with equivalent partner – “tug-of-war”,
- with weaker partner – “lemon”.
- Supplier’s point of view – substantive preparation for negotiations with your company:
- customer’s wallet and individual price politics,
- history of cooperation – individual goals vs company’s goals,
- negotiation goals – source of information, deduction,
- negotiation techniques and tricks of suppliers – ways of neutralization.
- Supplier’s point of view – emotional impact based on relations:
- identification of signals – recommended reactions,
- schemes of assertive behaviors toward emotional influence.
- Verification of the actual price possibilities in purchase negotiations:
- offers analysis based on Cost Model and VCA,
- psychological tools which allow drilling “negotiation bottom”,
- details in Suppliers’ offers as potential to counterproposal.
- Impact tools at the stage before negotiations:
- Social Media – rules for the use of a network of contacts, interpretation of “soft” information,
- Fisher and Ury scenario – decreasing Supplier’s feeling of bargaining power.
- Techniques of reacting in unexpected situations:
- new facts/information from Supplier’s side,
- unexpected tactical maneuverings,
- “tied proposals”,
- new people to support the negotiations by supplier’s side or change the composition of team.
- Ways of engaging other side in building compromise:
- BATNA – Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement,
- chees matrix method,
- Ury’s 5 stages.
|Schedule||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Registration of participants||9:45 - 10:00|
|Training||10:00 - 11:00||10:00 - 11:00||9:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15|
|Training||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00|
|Lunch||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45|
|Training||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00|
|Break||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10|
|Training||15:10 - 17:00||15:10 - 17:00||15:10 - 16:00|