Influencing others and effective persuasion
The training is conducted with methods which stimulate participants' potential - tasks. Lectures will be reduced to a minimum.
All people, who want to have strong and effective influence on other people in business relations:
- people on managerial positions, managers,
- purchasing department staff,
- Logistics department staff,
- The customer service department staff,
- Commercial department staff.
Training focuses on methods of communicating with people and influencing them through chairsma, strength of character and authority, which is not always related only to their function. The practical nature of the training allows participants to see and feel for yourself what areas of their skills require sanding. Training shows that effectiveness of persuasive communication and influencing others is not limited to arguments. Effectiveness is the result of an adequate mix of traits (Charisma / EQ), aptitudes, skills, knowledge about people, their nature and the circumstances. Persuasion is the art of inducing someone to own righteousness- difficulty arises from the fact of its functions. Persuasion derived from Latin verb meaning persuadere 'persuade, induce, try to convince". To be able to talk about the effectiveness of persuasion we must also broach the issue of the authority of the person who use a persuasion. So what if someone is right when no one wants to listen!
Training contains 3 modules:
- theory, which allows to consolidate knowledge and understand interdisciplinarity of management (20% of training's time),
- analytical part, in which selected case are analysed. Studies represents natural influence on other - material is recorded on VIDEO (40% of training's time),
- practical part, associated with real, very exciting game that is played between the participants of the training and the trainer. The game is guided by coach to observe character (attitude), self-confidence, assertiveness, susceptibility to the influence of others and the ability to influence others, communication skills and persuasion in management process. During the game, the natural conditions to influence others and build their authority, are created. The error can dramatically change course of the game for benefit of someone else. Emotions and attitudes affect other players during the game. The advantage of the game is its naturalness, because participants make its principles. Participation in the game guarantees a response on further areas of development.
- From what depends ability to effective interpersonal communication?
- emotional intelligence and social intelligence and their influence on interpersonal communication,
- self-esteem as a source of successes and failures in communication,
- what is your communicative condition and what has in common with your EQ, physiology of your brain and self-esteem?
- Does communication mean influencing others? Interpersonal communication not only as a form of exchanging information but primarily as form of eliciting certain reactions. Simple exercises to show that every form of communication is a form of influencing others:
- ingratiation as a most simple form of influencing others:
- communication – persuasion – negotiation – social influence. Differences and application.
- Identification of interlocutor – what helps your interlocutor influence you:
- whether there are practical ways to predict the behavior of a partner during a conversation? - video case analysis,
- Excessive self-presentation and its consequences in communication,
- verbal and non-verbal leak - how to read between the lines and do not reach the wrong conclusions?- video case analysis,
- gestures and body language in interpersonal communication,
- dangerous gestures – video case analysis:
- gestures showing lack of conviction of what you are presenting,
- gestures showing low self-esteem,
- gestures showing too high self-esteem, discourage people to continue listening.
- Effective use of spoken language:
- key words – how to convinced “no-man” to be “yes-man” – video case analysis,
- dangerous words in verbal communication,
- positive and negative emotions and their influence on interpersonal communication,
- active listening and control of conversation’s course – video case analysis,
- questions or answers? Which tools are better to conduct and control a conversation,
- from what depends being under control of others during conversation,
- assertiveness and interpersonal communication.
- Persuasion and social influence:
- common persuasion mistakes committed during communication process,
- power of suggestion and emotions in persuasion – real examples of suggestions, which influenced even most careful listener – video case analysis,
- Professor Robert Cialdini - rules of social influence,
- is social influence a manipulation?
- perfidious but effective social engineering techniques used during interpersonal communication - video case analysis,
- real and 100% natural trainer’s presentation of perfidious tricks and ways of protection – persuasive game,
- how long could take process of effective brain wash – maximum emotional communication in short time – video case analysis,
- inception –is it possible?
- hypnosis and brain wash – who can use it?
- decision-making dissonance and its use in influencing,
- defense against social engineering – whether it exists?
- Questions and answers – analysis of strategies used by participants in game, based on achieved scores. Completion of training and awarding prizes.
|Schedule||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Registration||9:45 - 10:00|
|Workshops||10:00 - 11:00||9:00 - 11:00||9:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15||11:00 - 11:15|
|Workshops||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00||11:15 - 13:00|
|Lunch||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45||13:00 - 13:45|
|Workshops||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00||13:45 - 15:00|
|Break||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10||15:00 - 15:10|
|Workshops||15:10 - 17:00||15:10 - 16:00||15:10 - 16:00|