Proper pallet management in the enterprise
The main purpose of the training is to acknowledge participants with the subject of pallets and rules of their turnover. The training approximates issues related to the identification of pallets and also shows examples of solutions that exist in the market today. At the same time it teaches about proper assessment and classification of pallets.
The training is directed to warehouse managers, transport managers, warehousemen, drivers, employees who directly carry out the identification and classification of pallets. In addition, training is addressed to the representatives Departments of Quality, Production, Purchasing, and Finance, who are indirectly responsible for the marketing of pallets and for the costs associated with this trade in the company.
The training is based on MS PowerPoint presentation and using training materials EPAL Polish National Committee. We put the greatest emphasis on the practical component, identification of pallets and their classification. In order to ensure a high level of training we always offer comfortable organizational conditions - high quality conference rooms and small groups.
- Standards and legal conditions:
- presentation and discussion of documents that define pallets (UIC 435, Polish Standard PN-M-78216), as well as determine pallets rotation (Industrial Property Law Act with its amendment).
- Overview of pallet pools:
- presentation and discussion of open pools (EUR pallets), and closed pools (CHEP, LPR, IPP, Orange Transfer Pallets),
- comparison of both systems and identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
- Types and kinds of wooden pallets, along with their characteristics:
- presentation and discussion of types of EUR pallets and all their features, that enable us to make a proper identification and classification (pallet dimensions, markings of brackets, dating, staples, nails, etc.).
- Pallets Rating Cards ECR EPAL:
- presentation and detailed discussion of Pallets Rating Cards,
- how to use cards and contained information.
- Changes in pallets after 2010:
- informations about changes from 2010.
- Pallet management in the enterprise:
- methods of acquiring pallets for the company (purchase of new and used pallets, pallet returns from contractors)
- pallets evaluation methods,
- pallets reparation,
- legalization (recertification).
- Rules of disposal of packing:
- provisions related to disposal of packaging,
- rules of recycling of wooden packaging,
- refund of an environmental fee and documentation (DPO, DPR),
- changes in acceptable methods of disposal after 2010.
- Palette procedures and agreements with contractors:
- presentation through an example procedures defining pallets rotation, which includes all the elements,
- areas related to the movement of pallets,
- examples of documents which support the rotation of pallets,
- presentation of examples of provisions in the contracts concerning pallet trading with contractors.
- Practical evaluation and classification of pallets:
- joint assessment and classification of new and used pallets - practical exercise using pallets in circulation.
- Practical tips:
- examples of solutions in different companies (manufacturing companies, distribution, logistics) linked to pallet turnover,
- information on organizations, which are responsible for pallets in Poland (PKN Epal, the Alliance ECR, POHiD, ProLogistyka).
- joint discussion on the problems associated with pallets and their rotation.
|Registration of participants||9:45 - 10:00|
|Training||10:00 - 11:00|
|Break||11:00 - 11:15|
|Training||11:15 - 13:00|
|Lunch break||13:00 - 13:45|
|Training||13:45 - 15:00|
|Break||15:00 - 15:10|
|Training||15:10 - 17:00|